613 Leelanau Ave. Frankfort, MI 49635 | PH 231-352-7601 | FAX 231-352-0390
Welcome to Frankfort Elementary!
The Preschool and AfterCare Program are closed on Friday, January 24th, due to the half day at Frankfort Elementary
From the Principal's Desk for the week of January 20th:
In spite of Weather's best efforts, we had a great "Loony Luau" on Saturday night. We made some money for elementary needs, but most importantly students had a great time. Huge thank yous to Vickie Slater and her volunteers, the Betsie Hosick Fitness Center (BHFC), and Paul Oliver Hospital (POMH)/Munson Healthcare. BHFC/POMH not only provided financial support for the event, but their team members also staffed the activities. Thank you to all who attended and helped make it such a fun night!
Unbelievably, we are at the end of the first semester. This Friday is a 12:30 dismissal for students for a staff records afternoon. Report cards will be mailed no later than January 31st.
Reminders/notes for the coming week:
- Please take advantage of the cleared sidewalks the City of Frankfort is providing to ensure safe school walking routes.The cleared sidewalks are:
*6th Street and Leelanau Avenue, adjacent to the student drop off area
*the corner of M-22/7th Street to the north side of James Street, east to 11th Street (and
then north to the High School)
*M-22/7th Street from Leelanau Avenue to Main Street (to provide a safer access to
students who utilize the Benzie Shores District Library after school)
- It's going to be a mixed bag weather-wise this week--cold at the beginning and warmer by the end of the week. Please make sure your students have the appropriate winter outdoor gear--coats, mittens, hats, boots, and snow pants. Dry shoes for wearing after recess are helpful.
- We have a late start on Wednesday, January 22. School will begin at 9:30. Buses run on the late schedule, and breakfast will be served beginning at 9:10.
- Recreational skiing for grades 3-6 is Wednesday evening, January 22.
- We have an early dismissal on January 24, at 12:30 p.m. Lunch will be served prior to dismissal.
Thank you for a great first semester! Please let me know when you have questions or concerns. My door is always open.